£100-150 per day
£100-150 per day
We are seeking a talented, creative and innovative Mathematics specialist to join our very successful Mathematics team. The dynamic Academy where students are placed at the centre of everything we do. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum to all our students, who are set challenging academic and personal targets and given the inspiration to succeed.
Applications are welcome from colleagues who have a deep knowledge of their subject area. We want you to show us that you understand how concepts, content and knowledge is organised and delivered; we want to know that you are up-to-date with what expert colleagues and specialist organisations are saying and it is really important that you are passionate about sharing this with colleagues and students.
Is this post the right one for you? It is if:
• You are someone who can think critically about pedagogy and specialist-specific approaches
• You are ambitious for students as well as yourself
• You value and use research to extend your own repertoire in order to develop and coach others
• It is your practice to use a wide range of pedagogical approaches because you can see their relevant in different contexts
• You can articulate and justify the reasons why each might be used.
Specifically, we are interested in skilled practitioners who appreciate and understand the preconceptions and misconceptions students may have about a topic/area of study. Successful candidates will be able to show that they not only have a clear understanding of possible barriers to learning, but that they know how to select and use appropriate strategies to overcome these, especially for students with SEND and for those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The Academy embraces the use of new technologies, providing 1-1 iPad devices for each child and an iPad and MacBook for each member of staff. We would welcome applicants who are innovative in their use of IT and can develop their use as a strategy to deliver outstanding lessons.
For an application form and information pack - Please contact Tom Hooper on 01872 279810 or by email - firstname.lastname@example.org