£9.80 per hour
Nursery & Early Years
Learning mentor (5 mornings per week)
We are committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be assessed against the Childcare Disqualification Regulations.
- To provide a point of contact and support for parents with concerns about their child’s emotional, social or physical wellbeing
- Work with children identified by SLT in need of additional support to overcome barriers to learning, both inside and outside of school.
- Liaise with teaching staff to provide particular support to targeted pupils, with the aim of enabling them to overcome barriers to learning.
- Work effectively as part of a team, with other members of school staff, to accurately assess the needs of each targeted child.
- Support the development and implementation of individualised action plans for targeted pupils
- Design and implement supportive interventions (e.g. emotional, social, behaviour support) for individuals and small groups of children and monitor the impact of these
- Develop 1:1 relationships with those pupils requiring targeted support, to address points raised in an action plan, through engaging them in activities and opportunities
- Undertake home-school liaison activities, which, where appropriate, may include home visits, in order to keep those parents/carers unable to attend school due to illness or disability, informed and engaged.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare written reports.
- Support with transition arrangements for pupils entering/leaving the school. Liaise with external agencies, such as health professionals and attendance improvement officers to support pupils
Please contact Tom Hooper on 01872 279810 or Tom.email@example.com