About the role:
Opus Education have built close and long-standing relationships with schools, nurseries and multi academy trusts across Cornwall and Devon. As the exclusive recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads, we are currently looking for enthusiastic and dedicated staff to support the many partnerships we have.
We’re looking for supportive, nurturing, and passionate people who are either already within the education sector, or are considering a career within it. Do you want to go to work knowing that you are offering a guided hand to a child who needs it, supporting them in their development and empowering them to flourish? Your feeling of value and achievement will be evident in their progression, leaving you feeling truly special and rewarded at the end of each day.
- Pay: We pay our candidates fairly, transparently and via PAYE with full pension and holiday entitlement
- Flexibility: Whether you want to work 5 days a week, 1 day a month, full days, mornings or afternoon only, then just let us know your preferred availability and we will work around you
- Location: We work with schools all across Cornwall and Devon, so wherever you are and wherever you want to work, we will prioritise your requirements when offering work
- Career Development: Opportunities to gain first-hand experience with a number of different schools, whilst receiving ongoing support and guidance from your dedicated consultant
- Achievement: Gain a real sense of achievement by transforming a child’s life and support them reach their full potential
- Skills and Qualities:
- The passion to motivate children, with the ability to create the best conditions for learning or teaching new things, and an adaptable communication style
- The sensitivity, listening skills and patience to build good relationships and remain calm in stressful situations
- The flexibility and openness to work on various different activities
- Experience within a school, care or support setting is desirable but not essential
- You do not need direct experience to become a Teaching Assistant, no matter what sector you come from, if you are eager to support children and can exhibit the transferable skills then this could be the role for you
- A minimum of 9-4 (A*-C) in core GCSEs or Functional Skills Level 2
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant is desirable but not essential as training on the job can be provided
- Enhance each lesson in advance by helping the teacher prepare lesson materials and equipment
- Encourage individuals and groups to interact and engage both within the class and during activities
- Create trusting relationships and be adaptable around individual needs and working styles to promote good conduct and behaviours
- Supervise group activities; before school, after school and on school trips
- Develop individuals by providing feedback to both children and teachers on achievements, progress, and any problems that arise
- Provide a safe and healthy environment and follow safeguarding procedures
All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and will require an enhanced DBS check.
This is advertising for general cover both on a short term and long term basis.
To enquire or apply now, please send your application across or call the office on 01872 279810 and ask for Demi.