Opus Education are currently working exclusively with a large MAT and are are looking to appoint outstanding Teaching Assistant/Cook with experience of working with challenging/SEN pupils.
You will be providing support for students with Social, Emotional, Mental Health difficulties, Autism Spectrum Conditions and Specific Learning difficulties.
You will help students overcome their individual challenges by supporting them with underlying difficulties that may be leading to displays of frustration. The school has a carefully planned and bespoke curriculum, which includes social development as well as academic and vocational learning which allows students to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Your role will require you to prepare, cook and serve meals to students and staff, as well as the ordering of food. In addition to relevant food production and food safety qualification, you should be able to demonstrate experience in helping to create healthy, nutritious, homecooked meals and cater for all dietary requirements.
The staff at the school are highly supportive, and creativity is encouraged. The school has an excellent reputation for their investment in staff and career development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to assess the individual learning needs of pupils
- The ability to positively manage challenging behaviour
- A positive attitude, the ability to empathise and a willingness to develop and learn on the job
- Be calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Experience working with pupils with ASD.
The school can offer:
- Excellent resources and learning facilities
- A friendly and very supportive team of staff
- Opportunities for Career and professional development
These are positions that will likely lead to permanent offers of employment following a successful temp to perm period.
If you would be interested in learning more please send an up to date cv detailing your skills and experiences or call the office on 01872 279810 and ask to speak to John.