Job Title: Teaching Assistant
As the exclusive recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads Opus are currently working with primary schools in the Truro, Newquay and St Austell areas providing high quality education and support.
Are you interested in a career in education?
Are you passionate about supporting children throughout various stages of their education?
Are you confident, positive and empathetic with lots of energy?
Are you available for work between the hours of 8:30am till 3:30pm, Monday - Friday during term time.
If you can work 5 days a week or 1 day a week, full days, mornings/afternoons only Opus want to hear from you
We are seeking to appoint self-motivated, caring and dedicated Teaching Assistants. As key members of school staff you will take a pro-active role in the support of the educational needs of the pupils.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Hold and articulate clear values and moral purpose, focused on supporting pupils.
· Demonstrate optimistic personal behaviour, positive relationships and attitudes towards pupils
· Lead by example - with integrity, creativity, resilience, and clarity
· Sustain knowledge and understanding of education and school systems locally and pursue continuous professional development.
· Assist children in developing knowledge, skills and attitudes
· Establish supportive relationships with pupils, encouraging individual development, acceptance, social integration, and development of self-esteem
· Carry out administration in relation to pupil progress, monitoring health, behaviour and general wellbeing and feeding back or adapting as appropriate
· Effectively use IT systems as required by the school
· Work independently with groups of children on specific tasks, under the overall responsibility of the Teacher
· Maintain confidentiality in regards to sensitive issues linked to home/pupil/staff/school
· Administer minor first aid where training has been undertaken
· Supervise pupils during break time, and plan and organise play time activities, where required
· Accompany children on educational visits as supervised by senior staff
· Raise any concerns in accordance with the school’s safeguarding policies and procedures
· Assist with duties relating to pupil swimming and sports activities/events where relevant
· Assist in preparing, using and maintaining relevant teaching resources, including wall displays and ensuring classrooms are left clean and tidy
To thrive as an Teaching Assistant it’s essential that you have:
- A positive, caring, energetic, can-do attitude
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for working with children aged 4 to 1
- A genuine interest in aiding children’s development
- An ability to motivate children and be an excellent role model
- Great Communication skills
All offers of employment are subject to the satisfactory completion of checks and references, including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have the commitment, energy, initiative and drive to help us meet our core values, then we welcome your application.
For more information please submit your application or call the Opus office on 01872 279810 and ask to speak to John