Looking for a change in direction within your current career?
Do you posses the skills and attributes to work with vulnerable children?
Seeking a career in education?
There is an ever increasing demand for support staff within education. With the pandemic having a huge impact on many students lives, schools are in increasing need of staff who are able to provide additional support in a variety of capacities within the classroom. There are many transferable skills that carers and support workers can bring to schools. Notably:
- Providing emotional support to individuals
- Providing practical support for individuals
- Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs
- Supporting to pursue hobbies and interests
- Supporting the learning of new skills
- Teaching life skills
- Helping with everyday tasks
- Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups
- Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language
- Working with other professionals to provide support
- Analysing an individual’s needs and drawing up a focused support plan
- Becoming both a role model
It is desirable that you posses the following qualities:
- Calm and organised approach to work under pressure
- Adopt a reflective approach to work
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the school
- Resilience, flexibility and the ability to retain a sense of perspective
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrates attributes of discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Show initiative, drive and commitment to training and on-going improvement
- Able to use initiative to prioritise workload without constant supervision
- Able to lead and work within a team and the wider community
- Demonstrate a co-operative, reliable, ‘can do’ attitude, with good communication skills that allows effective communication at all levels of school staff, governors, pupils and visitors to the school
- Fully compliant with the statutory requirements of legislation concerning ‘Safeguarding’ - including Child Protection, Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Disability and Inclusion
Schools are seeking who can work alongside their pupils in order to support them to achieve their fullest potential whilst in education. If you are seeking a position in education on a temporary or permanent basis - we'd love to hear from you!
We are currently actively recruiting for positions in Exeter. Submit your CV today to find out more and begin our registration process.