Opus Education are currently working with a MAT in the Devon area, who are looking to employ a Teaching Assistant (Maths Specific) on a full time basis.
This will be a Temp 2 Perm position and looking to start ASAP.
We are looking to appoint outstanding Teaching Assistant with experience of working with challenging/SEN pupils. Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with students who have a range of needs.
Main purpose of the Role:
- To assist the delivery of outstanding lessons, leading to significant progression and attainment for all pupils.
- To actively implement the school’s behaviour policy and systems in order to assist the delivery of outstanding education to our students.
- Work with class teachers to raise the learning and attainment of pupils
- Promote pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion.
- Give support to pupils, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement.
Duties and responsibilities
Teaching and learning
- Demonstrate an informed and efficient approach to teaching and learning by adopting relevant strategies to support the work of the teacher and increase participation and achievement of all pupils
- Promote, support and facilitate inclusion by encouraging participation of all pupils in learning and extracurricular activities
- Use effective behaviour management strategies consistently in line with the school’s policy and procedures
- Support class teachers with maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, managing behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- In collaboration with the Class Teacher, organise and manage teaching space and resources to help maintain a stimulating and safe learning environment
- Observe pupil performance and pass observations on to the class teacher
- Supervise a class if the teacher is temporarily unavailable
- Where applicable, use ICT skills to advance pupils’ learning
- Undertake any other relevant duties given by the class teacher, or Senior Leadership Team
- Support pupils across the school
- Encourage appropriate social behaviour, during school hours both in and out of school and cater for the general welfare of children;
- Accompany children on educational visits under the direction of the Teacher; Make, devise and maintain equipment as required, ensuring that the classroom is kept in a clean and tidy condition;
Working with colleagues and other relevant professionals
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and pupils, and with parents and carers under the direction of the class teacher/ SLT
- Communicate their knowledge and understanding of pupils to other school staff and education, health and social care professionals, so that informed decision making can take place on intervention and provision
- With the class teacher, keep other professionals accurately informed of performance and progress or concerns they may have about the pupils they work with
- Understand their role in order to be able to work collaboratively with classroom teachers and other colleagues, including specialist advisory teachers
- Collaborate and work with colleagues and other relevant professionals within and beyond the school
- Develop effective professional relationships with colleagues
- Report behaviour or change to behaviour at Briefing/ Debriefing
- Experience working with children
- SEN Experience (Desirable)
- GCSE's (Including Maths and English)
- Good IT skills
- Further Qualification relevant to post
Please note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks carry out. The postholder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the Principal, SLT or line manager.