As the preferred recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads and a number of Multi Academy Trusts in Cornwall and Devon we are seeking experienced an experienced SEN TA to start as soon as possible on a long-term basis at a school in Truro. You will be providing support for students with Social, Emotional, Mental Health difficulties, Autism Spectrum Conditions and Specific Learning difficulties.
You will help students overcome their individual challenges by supporting them with underlying difficulties that may be leading to displays of frustration. The school has a carefully planned and bespoke curriculum, which includes social development as well as academic and vocational learning which allows students to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The staff at the school are highly supportive, and creativity is encouraged. The school has an excellent reputation for their investment in staff and career development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to assess the individual learning needs of pupils
- The ability to positively manage challenging behaviour
- A positive attitude, the ability to empathise and a willingness to develop and learn on the job
- Be calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Experience working with pupils with ASD.
The school can offer:
- Excellent resources and learning facilities
- A friendly and very supportive team of staff
- Opportunities for Career and professional development
Hours of work 8:30am-3:15pm Monday to Friday. These are ongoing supply positions likely to lead to permanent employment for the right candidates.
If you are an SEN Teaching Assistant looking for a new opportunity, please apply today!
Opus Education Recruitment was created by teachers, for teachers.
Our rates of pay are generous and we pride ourselves on matching people with the perfect role.
All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and have an enhanced DBS check.