Position: SEN HLTA
Location: St. Austell
Salary: £22,500 per annum / pro rata
Hours: 33.75 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking to recruit self-motivated, caring and dedicated SEN HLTA's. As a key member of staff you will work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources. Also to supervise whole classes during the short term absence of teachers and to cover PPA. Experience and a passion for supporting young people with complex learning, ASD and sensory needs is essential.
Main Purpose of the role:
• Contribute to the development of support staff, pupils, policies and strategies, working collaboratively with teaching staff on the whole planning cycle and management/preparation
• To supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers.
• To provide support for pupils, Teachers, Teaching Assistants and the Trust to raise standards of achievement, utilising advanced knowledge and skills.
• To encourage pupils to become independent learners, provide support for their welfare and inclusion of pupils in all aspects of schools' life including mainstream attendance where
• To uphold the HLTA standards in all aspects of work.
• To effectively contribute to all aspects of professional development including any development identified via the School Performance Management process.
In addition to a learning need, learners may also have other associated needs in:
• sensory or medical needs, (visual, hearing impairment, epilepsy, life limiting conditions etc.)
• emotional/social needs (including mental health needs)
• communication and interaction difficulties, (autistic spectrum conditions, speech and language difficulties)
• physical needs (e.g. mobility needs, physical disabilities, wheelchair users).
The successful applicant must:
• Meet and uphold the HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate a detailed awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people at all times.
Working with us:
Established in 2014 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists we have built our business on our core values of honesty, integrity and excellence, by offering a unique mix of recruitment, supply, training and consultancy for the education sector.
We have worked hard to become one of the most reputable and reliable teaching agencies in the South West building close and long-standing relationships with client schools and multi academy trusts, and as the preferred recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads it is no surprise that we are the most trusted teaching agencies in the South West.
We are committed to ensuring the safety of all children and promoting their welfare. We expect ALL our staff to adhere to this and show the same commitment when working within schools. All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and have an enhanced DBS check.