Education Support Assistant needed in Truro - 13 to 32.5 hours a week - 9:00am till 15:30pm
Are you interested in a career in SEN Education?
Are you passionate about supporting young adults aged from 16 to 24 with SEN / SEMH in their education?
Are you confident, positive and empathetic with lots of energy?
Do you have experience in Autism / ADHD / ASD / Non Verbal?
To work with individuals or small groups of learners, under the day to day direction of
the Tutor, to provide support for their personalised learning, attainment and progression while promoting their independence and self-esteem.
Main duties and responsibilities for all Education Support Assistants
- Provide support to individuals and small groups of learners.
- Use routine supervision and care skills to support learners, including those who have physical, emotional or educational needs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with learners that enhances motivation and promotes learning and development.
- Promote an inclusive learning environment across the programme.
- Liaise with parents and external agencies as required.
- Attend team meetings as required
- Work flexibly as part of a team to ensure that the well-being, behaviour and personal development of learners enhances learning opportunities and life skills.
- Accompany learners off-site if required.
- Maintain confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- Transport learners to their education provision/ work experience or enrichment placement if required
- Participate in appraisal and professional development as appropriate.
- Understand and apply policies.
- Carry out duties with regard to equal opportunities, health and safety and quality assurance.
- Complete and maintain professional CPD log in order to improve your skills, including those outside of mandatory requirements.
Additional duties for Classroom based Educational Support Assistants
- Support the tutor in identifying the most effective teaching approaches and resources for learners with particular needs.
- Help create and maintain an effective and exciting environment of learning. Keep the teacher informed about the progress and needs of students supported.
Additional duties for Supported Internship based Educational Support
- Liaise with learners and work placement provider/s as appropriate and report to the job coach to ensure that the placement runs smoothly.
- Track and report the progress of placements for assigned learners.
- Provide appropriate in-work support to learners in their workplace during their placement.
Additional duties for community based Educational Support Assistants
- Provide enrichment support to individuals and small groups of learners based on their interests and aspirations.
- Work with learners to identify interests and set goals that promote independence towards adulthood.
- Design activities that help learners meet their identified goals.
- Monitor learner participation, enjoyment and progress and report progress to the Enrichment Coordinator and parents as appropriate.
Applicants holding a qualification in Childcare are welcome as are Teaching Assistants with experience in school settings. Relevant experience working in a care setting is also acceptable.
All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and have an enhanced DBS check.
This advert is for a temporary position. There is a high possibility of this role becoming permanent at a later date.
For more information, please submit your CV by email or call our office on 01872 279810 and ask to speak to Tom