Opus Education are currently working exclusively with a large MAT and are are looking to appoint outstanding Secondary Teacher with experience of working with challenging/SEN pupils.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Secondary Teacher, who embodies has diverse experience, as well as a passion for working with young people with additional needs. Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with students who have a range of needs.
· Take care in the planning of work, taking into consideration the correct and appropriate use of teaching materials, practical apparatus, ICT A.V. aids etc.
· Complete Team Teach training and support the principals of Team Teach during school hours, both in and out of school;
· Take a lead in developing the Curriculum in all aspects.
· Be responsible for the maintenance of a good working atmosphere within lessons/ throughout the school day.
· Ensure that the learning experiences planned for children adequately match their abilities.
· Ensure that sound relationships are fostered between children, their peers and adults alike.
· Act as a confidante to the children whilst being aware of and following current safeguarding/child protection guidelines;
· Use a variety of teaching methodologies taking into account mixed abilities and the size of groups. · Ensure that equality of opportunity exists in all areas.
· Ensure that the marking of children’s work is undertaken at appropriate and regular intervals, and that marking follows agreed service policy.
· Ensure that the presentation of work is of the highest quality, adhering to agreed service policy.
· Ensure that adequate weight is given to both: o Forecasting of work – taking due account of the social, academic and behavioural needs of the children vis-à-vis the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum where appropriate.
These are positions that will likely lead to permanent offers of employment following a successful temp to perm period.
If you would be interested in learning more please send an up to date cv detailing your skills and experiences or call the office on 01872 279810 and ask to speak to John.