As the exclusive recruitment partner of the Cornwall association of Primary Heads, we are looking to appoint an outstanding and committed PSHE Teacher (0.4) who embodies has diverse experience, as well as a passion for working with young people with additional needs.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with students who have a range of needs.
Our client has high aspirations for all their children and young people and believe that all students are capable of making outstanding progress;
You will be working with students with Social, Emotional, Mental Health difficulties, Autism Spectrum Conditions and Specific Learning difficulties.
The school has a carefully planned and bespoke curriculum, which includes social development as well as academic and vocational learning which allows students to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The staff at the school are highly supportive, and creativity is encouraged. The school has an excellent reputation for their investment in staff and career development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to assess the individual learning needs of pupils
- The ability to positively manage challenging behaviour
- A positive attitude, the ability to empathise and a willingness to develop and learn on the job
- Be calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Experience working with pupils with ASD.
The school can offer:
- Excellent resources and learning facilities
- A friendly and very supportive team of staff
- Opportunities for Career and professional development
These are positions that will likely lead to permanent offers of employment following a successful temp to perm period.
Opus Education Recruitment is one of the fastest growing education recruitment agencies in the South West, building a strong reputation for quality and personalised service. We are run by former teachers and senior leaders and we feel this gives us a unique perspective in trying to secure the perfect role for our candidates.
Salary: Up to MPS6 + SEN Allowance