Opus Education are currently working exclusively with a large MAT and are looking to appoint outstanding Primary Teaching Assistant with experience of working with challenging/SEN pupils.
You will help students overcome their individual challenges by supporting them with underlying difficulties that may be leading to displays of frustration. The school has a carefully planned and bespoke curriculum, which includes social development as well as academic and vocational learning which allows students to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The staff at the school are highly supportive, and creativity is encouraged. The school has an excellent reputation for their investment in staff and career development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to assess the individual learning needs of pupils
- The ability to positively manage challenging behaviour
- A positive attitude, the ability to empathise and a willingness to develop and learn on the job
- Be calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Experience working with pupils with ASD.
The school can offer:
- Excellent resources and learning facilities
- A friendly and very supportive team of staff
- Opportunities for Career and professional development
These are positions that will likely lead to permanent offers of employment following a successful temp to perm period.
If you would be interested in learning more please send an up to date cv detailing your skills and experiences or call the office on 01872 279810 and ask to speak to John.
Salary: C Grade (£18,933 – £19,698 pro rata)
Hours: 29.5 per week, Term time only
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 19th November 2021
Interviews to take place: 26th November 2021