We have built close and long-standing relationships with schools, nurseries and multi academy trusts across Cornwall and Devon. As the exclusive recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads, we are currently looking for enthusiastic and dedicated staff to support the many partnerships we have.
We are looking for experienced cooks who are confident in preparing, cooking and serving hot lunches to the children, staff and occasionally visitors at our nurseries. This will include providing for specific dietary requirements and preferences of the students.
• Pay: We pay our candidates fairly, transparently and via PAYE with full pension and holiday entitlement
• Flexibility: Whether you want to work 5 days a week, 1 day a month, full days, mornings or afternoon only, then just let us know your preferred availability and we will work around you
• Location: We work with schools all across Cornwall and Devon, so wherever you are and wherever you want to work, we will prioritise your requirements when offering work
• Career Development: Opportunities to gain first-hand experience with a number of different schools, whilst receiving ongoing support and guidance from your dedicated consultant
• Achievement: Gain a real sense of achievement by transforming a child's life and support them reach their full potential
The Role, Responsibilities and Requirements:
o Prepare all meals in accordance with the menus, catering for all children, and where appropriate provide alternatives to children with any special dietary needs
o Ensure that all food preparation and food handling complies with all health regulations and guidelines
o Assist in the participation and preparation of planned cooking activities with older children when required
o Transport all prepared food to individual nursery rooms safely
o Maintain adequate levels of food stocks which are to be stored in appropriate storage conditions
o Hold responsibility for ordering all food, maintaining monthly records for stocktaking purposes of all food stuffs
o Provide quality in the kitchen and all the equipment is kept clean and tidy and ensure all kitchen equipment and utensils are washed-up after each service, utilising the dishwasher as appropriate
Skills and Qualities:
o Good organisational skills to ensure you plan your own work and resources
o Willingness to support colleagues and work within a team
o Problem solving skills and ability to show initiative
o Knowledge of cooking healthy meals
o An awareness of dietary requirements
o A minimum of 9-4 (A*-C) in core GCSEs or Functional Skills Level 2
o Food Hygiene certificate
All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and will require an enhanced DBS check.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
This is advertising for general cover both on a short term and long term basis.
To enquire or apply now, please send your application across ASAP.