Opus Education have built close and long-standing relationships with schools, nurseries and multi academy trusts across Cornwall and Devon. As the exclusive recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads, we are currently looking for enthusiastic and dedicated staff to support the many partnerships we have.
We’re recruiting for forward thinking, caring, proactive and dynamic EYFS practitioners. We need Level 2 and Level 3 Teaching Assistants to work in nurseries to support children under 5 years old. Be ready to have an innovative approach to childhood development, allow children to be free to explore their boundaries and perceptions, follow their imagination wherever that may lead and guide that imagination toward beneficial learning.
- Pay: We pay our candidates fairly, transparently and via PAYE with full pension and holiday entitlement
- Flexibility: Whether you want to work 5 days a week, 1 day a month, full days, mornings or afternoon only, then just let us know your preferred availability and we will work around you
- Location: We work with schools all across Cornwall and Devon, so wherever you are and wherever you want to work, we will prioritise your requirements when offering work
- Career Development: Opportunities to gain first-hand experience with a number of different schools, whilst receiving ongoing support and guidance from your dedicated consultant
- Achievement: Gain a real sense of achievement by transforming a child’s life and support them reach their full potential
The Role, Responsibilities and Requirements:
- We require our assistants to work at various schools that Opus Education work alongside, in Truro, Summercourt, St. Austell, Redruth, Falmouth, and the surrounding areas. As such, access to transport is preferred and we require good availability to undertake bookings both with and without notice.
- The day to day activity will be centred around small groups of children in your responsibility, or as part of a team supporting a larger group of children. As the Nursery Class Assistant you will engage the children in daily activities that will strengthen progression and monitor progress, and as a result plan your next day with a view to pushing their development in line with expectations and abilities. Basic behaviour management skills will be required to maintain an effective environment. Using your caring, loving and passionate approach, you will provide children with a safe and happy place in which to explore their own abilities, feeling included and valued along the way.
- You will aim to give the children the best possible start to their learning experience, and you will love to share in their success!
- Skills and Qualities:
- Planning and observation of Early Years children to support and push development and progress
- Using IT based progression tools, such as IPads, Tablets and computers to record their progress through pictures and videos (EG. Tapestry)
- Realising child development through observation and assessment
- Experience in the 'Personal Care' side of Nurturing Children (needs will vary for setting to setting, but the skill will be required when called upon)
- Skills appropriate to Speech and Language therapy or development
- Energetic and Vibrant approach to Childcare
- Caring and Nurturing personality
- Skills in Speaking and Listening observation
- A happy and fun persona to match the feel of the nursery environment
- A minimum of 9-4 (A*-C) in core GCSEs or Functional Skills Level 2
- The perfect candidates possess a level 2/3 qualification in childhood or childcare, education studies, or similar relevant qualification.
All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and will require an enhanced DBS check.
All rates are inclusive of 12.7% holiday pay.
This is advertising for general cover both on a short term and long term basis.
To enquire or apply now, please send your application across or call the office on 01872 279810 and ask for Demi.