About the role:
Opus Education have built close and long-standing relationships with schools, nurseries and multi academy trusts across Cornwall and Devon. As the exclusive recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads, we are currently looking for enthusiastic and dedicated staff to support the many partnerships we have.
We’re looking for a committed, reliable and nurturing Math’s Specialism Secondary School Teacher who can work anything from 0.5 days up to full time depending on the candidates experience. This is a fixed term contract from September paying up to UPS3 depending on the Teacher and experience.
- Pay: We pay our candidates fairly, transparently and via PAYE with full pension and holiday entitlement and offer up to UPS3 Pay dependent on the role and your experience level
- Flexibility: Whether you want to work 5 days a week, 1 day a month, full days, mornings or afternoon only, then just let us know your preferred availability and we will work around you
- Location: We work with schools all across Cornwall and Devon, so wherever you are and wherever you want to work, we will prioritise your requirements when offering work
- Career Development: Opportunities to gain first-hand experience with a number of different schools, whilst receiving ongoing support and guidance from your dedicated consultant and ongoing CPD throughout the academic year e.g. Behaviour Management, Safeguarding, Assessment methods etc
- Achievement: Gain a real sense of achievement by transforming a child’s life and support them reach their full potential
- Skills and Qualities:
- The passion to motivate children, with the ability to create the best conditions for learning or teaching new things, and an adaptable communication style
- The sensitivity, listening skills and patience to build good relationships and remain calm in stressful situations
- The flexibility and openness to work on various different activities
- The ability to lead and manage behaviours in a competent and safe manner
- A qualified teacher with experience within a secondary school setting
- A proven track record in the education sector
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in Secondary
- Educate individuals and groups in whole class lessons, small groups and practical sessions
- Develop individuals by providing feedback to individuals on their achievements, progress, and any problems that arise
- Enhance each lesson in advance by preparing classrooms, lesson materials and equipment
- Encourage individuals and groups to interact and engage both within the class and during activities
- Create trusting relationships and be adaptable around individual needs and working styles to promote good conduct and behaviours
- Provide a safe and healthy environment and follow safeguarding procedures
- Review individuals work, write reports and ensure all records are up to date
- Design subject outings, after school clubs, exam revision classes or school social activities
All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and will require an enhanced DBS check.
This is advertising for general cover both on a short term and long term basis.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
To enquire or apply now, please send your application across or call the office on 01872 279810 and ask for Demi.