As the exclusive Recruitment Partner of The Cornwall Association of Primary Heads we are looking to appoint an outstanding person to the role of HR Administrator to work within our clients Human Resources Team.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, be highly organised and will be able to respond swiftly and accurately to support the Human Resources function across the Trust. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong HR and technical background to work for a Multi Academy Trust providing the HR team operate a hybrid working method which means that the team regularly meet in our office but also supports working from home. The Trust provides IT to facilitate this way of working including laptop and phone.
Duties and responsibilities You will support the Head of HR and the payroll function with the ongoing development of a proactive and business focused recruitment service and manage daily activities including, but not limited to:
Main purpose of Job
To provide all aspects HR support across the Trust in a professional, efficient and timely manner in accordance with agreed policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation; maintaining confidentiality and high professional standards at all times; ensuring the efficient & effective running off the HR function by supporting the Head of Human Resources.
To effectively administer all people processes within company guidelines, policy and procedures in an accurate and timely manner in order to deliver best practice and audit compliance. You will support the Head of HR and Payroll with the ongoing development of a proactive and business focused recruitment service and manage daily activities including, but not limited to:
• Support HR team to manage best practice with recruitment processes in line with policy & legislation.
• Coordinate and participate in induction and mandatory training for new starters and review of polices in line with Wave’s Training Academy.
• Be responsible for allocating user access to IT systems in conjunction with our IT partner • Help maintain HR records of staff including records of qualifications and certification
• Review and maintain central SCR to ensure compliance in line with current guidance
• Facilitates the annual roll out of our employee engagement survey with HR Data Analyst
• Support Head of HR with the completion of OH referrals
• Ensure the effective delivery of all HR administration processes to deliver HR fundamentals and auditable standards in relation to the management of sickness absence
• Ensure an up-to-date and complete bank of job descriptions and person specifications are maintained.
• Ensure an up-to-date bank of document templates and letters to support the HR function are maintained
• Ensure management of all employee data and personnel record files are accurate
• Keep abreast of HR communications and updated policies and procedures, taking action accordingly.
• Keep ownership of the HR and L&D inbox responding to queries and emails in a timely manner.
• Update the The Training Academy Website to ensure accurate information and reporting of data.
• Maintain compliance of training across the Trust including Safeguarding, First Aid, GDPR
• In conjunction with the Head of HR, coordinate and collate data from appraisals to inform the annual training plan
• Attend on-line meetings as note taker to Head of HR and other stakeholders when required. Recruitment & Appointment
• Ensure appropriate Job Descriptions & Role Profiles are in line with roles.
• Draft offer letters, contract variation letters and organise contracts as required
• Initiate DBS checks in line with current guidance
• Monitor probationary periods for support staff and ensure that probationary reviews are carried out at the correct time • Advertising vacancies internally and external
• Administering vacancies and candidate communication
• Candidate management - including arranging interviews, conducting telephone interviews and all associated administration
• Coordinating recruitment campaigns
• Supporting with the management of external job boards and CV databases
• Providing support with recruitment fairs, open days and other recruitment events Human Resources Administration
• Provide accurate and timely advice to hiring managers
• Help administer the exit interview process when required
• Provide reports and timely management information including statistics as and when required • Help administer staff health & wellbeing initiatives
• Help maintain HR policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance re Data Protection at all times
• Custodain of Sickness & Absence management in line with Trust policy, ensuring meetings and records of such are compliant
Salary: £23,715 - £27,785
Application Deadline: 7th June,
Hours: Full Time, 37hrs/week, 52 weeks a year
Interview Date: 13th June
Other info: Hybrid working (in office and home working) providing flexibility
If you would be interested in learning more about this position please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experiences