Job Title: Houseparent
Closing Date: 4 th January 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing 10th January 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of work: Variable hours initially for 37 hours per week as split shifts, 39 working weeks per year (includes CPD days) plus holidays (45.248 paid weeks)
Salary : £18,658 per annum (£11.14 per hr)
As the exclusive recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads Opus are currently working with a highly successful Academy Trust School that lies in the heart of Cornwall, providing high quality education and support for pupils age 11-16 with complex learning difficulties and disabilities.
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated, caring and dedicated individual to join the Care team. As a key member of staff you will take a pro-active role in the support of the educational and physical needs of the pupils within the residential provision with a focus on facilitating activities and encouraging play and social integration amongst pupils.
All offers of employment are subject to the satisfactory completion of checks and references, including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have the commitment, energy, initiative and drive to help us meet our core values, then we welcome your application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To ensure the physical and emotional welfare of the residents by developing supportive and relationships whilst respecting the dignity of each individual
· To facilitate and encourage play and social interaction among residents, organising and super activities for residents as required
· To encourage the independence of and skills of all residents
· To record and monitor the progress of residents by completing records and writing reports as required
· To implement care plans as agreed by the Care Manager
· To respect the confidentiality of any information relating to residents · To communicate with parents and carers as required
· To liaise with school staff so as to ensure a continuous provision of care and support for resident pupils
· To deal with emergencies in the absence of the Care Manager and Deputy Care Manager (within the limits of the post holder’s training and responsibility)
· To ensure that resources are properly used, stored and maintained
· To be responsible for supervising groups of residents, both on and off site, supporting other members of staff, students and volunteers as required
· Undertake qualified first aid training; administer minor first aid as trained and assist in the dispensing of medically prescribed controlled drugs meeting the compliance measures
· To support residents in developing bedtime routines as per individual independence plans
· To support residents with healthcare needs and be confident in administering regular and emergency medication as necessary
To learn more about this exciting position please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experiences.