As the exclusive recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads, Opus are currently working with a great Primary school in Penzance who are looking to appoint a Key Stage 2 - HLTA for the remainder of the school year!
Are you interested in a career as an Higher Level Teaching Assistant?
Are you passionate about supporting children in the early stages of their education?
Are you confident, positive and empathetic with lots of energy?
Are you available for work between the hours of 8:30am till 3:30pm, Monday - Friday during term time.
If you can work 5 days a week or 1 day a week, full days, mornings/afternoons only Opus want to hear from you – this role will be Full days on Monday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday – Wednesday Morning only
As an High Level Teaching Assistant, you will be supporting pupils and Covering lessons across KS2. Delivering the curriculum Maths / English. Undertake 1:1 and group work. Assist in the planning and preparation of teaching resources. Support the children in achieving and progressing towards their individual plans and targets.
To thrive as an Higher Level Teaching Assistant KS2, it’s essential that you have:
- Meet HLTA Standards / relevant qualifications or experience
- A positive, caring, energetic, can-do attitude
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for working with children aged 4 to 11
- An understanding of safeguarding children
- A genuine interest in aiding children’s development
- An ability to motivate children and be an excellent role model
- Great Communication skills
So what’s in it for you?
- Gain the ideal experience to set you ready for the future in teaching and to support a PGCE application
- Gain first-hand experience in a school setting and enhance your CV
- Receive support, advice and guidance from experienced members of staff
- An opportunity to transform a child’s life and help them reach their full potential
We are run by former teachers and senior leaders and we feel this gives us a unique perspective in trying to secure the perfect role for out candidates.
All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and have an enhanced DBS check.
This advert is a for a temporary position. There is a high possibility of the role becoming permanent at a later date.
For more information, please submit your CV by email or call our office on 01872 279810 and ask to speak to Tom