Opus Education are currently working with a MAT in the Devon area, who are looking to employ a Higher Level Teaching Assistant on a full time basis.
We are looking to appoint outstanding Teaching Assistant with experience of working with challenging/SEN pupils. Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with students who have a range of needs. We look forward to hearing from you.
All roles will be Temporary to Permanent on a 12 week basis.
Main purpose of the Role:
- To assist the delivery of outstanding lessons, leading to significant progression and attainment for all pupils.
- To actively implement the school’s behaviour policy and systems in order to assist the delivery of outstanding education to our students.
- Work with class teachers to raise the learning and attainment of pupils
- Promote pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion
- Give support to pupils, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement
Duties and responsibilities
Teaching and learning
- Demonstrate an informed and efficient approach to teaching and learning by adopting relevant strategies to support the work of the teacher and increase participation and achievement of all pupils
- Promote, support and facilitate inclusion by encouraging participation of all pupils in learning and extracurricular activities
- Use effective behaviour management strategies consistently in line with the school’s policy and procedures
- Support class teachers with maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, managing behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- In collaboration with the Class Teacher, organise and manage teaching space and resources to help maintain a stimulating and safe learning environment
- Observe pupil performance and pass observations on to the class teacher
- Supervise a class if the teacher is temporarily unavailable
- Where applicable, use ICT skills to advance pupils’ learning
- Undertake any other relevant duties given by the class teacher, or Senior Leadership Team
- Support pupils across the school
- To cover and lead class teaching (under supervision) as and when appropriate
- Direct the work, where relevant, of other adults in supporting learning
- Encourage appropriate social behaviour, during school hours both in and out of school and cater for the general welfare of children;
- Accompany children on educational visits under the direction of the Teacher; Make, devise and maintain equipment as required, ensuring that the classroom is kept in a clean and tidy condition;
Opus Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Please apply within and a member of our team will be in touch with Alex on 01392322419.