Opus Education are seeking an organised and self-motivated individual to provide a high standard of premises maintenance.
You will be required to organise and carry out both planned & reactive maintenance across the Trust ensuring compliance with both regulatory & health & safety standards. The primary purpose of the Multi-Site Maintenance Person is to maintain the properties to a high level to ensure the buildings are kept in optimum working condition.
This role will be 3 days a week working between the hours of 2pm and 10pm (overtime also available)
Candidates must have knowledge of Carpentry, Electrics and Plumbing works.
About the Trust delivers education to pupils across Devon & Cornwall. Our vision is to significantly change pupil’s lives for the better. Our academies provide the following:
- Mainstream education for pupils who are designated as disengaged
- Education for pupils unable to attend school due to medical reasons
- Education for pupils with social interaction and communication needs including those on the Autism Spectrum and Speech, Language and Communication Needs.
The trust are committed to progressing the social, emotional and academic outcomes for all of our students to enable them to achieve their true potential.
Roles and Responsibilities in addition to the provision of maintenance as well as technical competencies you should demonstrate the following:
- Have knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety polices & regulations
- Understanding of COSHH regulations
- Ability to identify risks/hazards and mitigate/reduce them
- Monitor and manage control of resources and stock levels
- Ability to organise more stock when required
- Undertake routine work in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance
- Use IT systems to communicate and record information
- Maintain records where required
- Deal with minor security/safety issues
- Report major items for repair to the Estates Manager
- Interact with staff, visitors, pupils and parents in a friendly and professional manner
- Organise and oversee contractors carrying out works on site
- Operate routine security arrangements to prevent/deter unauthorised access to the site and buildings and to minimise theft and vandalism
- Carry out procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage
- Ensure that all hard areas, grassed areas, beds, borders and grounds are free from litter and excessive accumulations of dirt and rubbish. Maintain health and safety of dustbin areas
- Ensure that all external hard areas are free of slip and trip hazards including ice (gritting when needed) and leaves
Along with the above the below benefits are also included:
- Company Van
- Mileage (If using own Vehicle)
If you are interested in this role, or would like to discuss further please apply within and a member of the team will be in touch.