Opus Education are looking for a Finance Assistant in the Exeter area, to work with a Multi Academy Trust.
Due to continued growth the Trust is looking to add a Finance Assistant to there team to ensure continued smooth running of the finance department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collating data from each Academy to create sales invoices including chasing administrators for funding agreements. Maintaining sales invoice spreadsheet for use in raising sales invoices in the finance system and ensuring they are sent out.
- Chasing aged debtors with regard to unpaid invoices and related correspondence. Sending out statements and ensuring that debit recovery is completed in a timely fashion.
- Investigating requests for credit notes and submitting agreed requests to line manager for authorisation
- Setting up new customer accounts on PSF and maintaining customer accounts.
- Raising purchase orders in the finance system and checking budget availability, checking coding and emailing through PSF to suppliers
- Scanning, coding, registering and posting purchase invoices including updating utility spreadsheet and other spreadsheet controls.
- Ensuring all transactions are properly authorised
- Investigating any invoice queries and resolving disputes.
- Sorting issues with regard to aged creditors including supplier statement reconciliation and chasing of statements in a timely fashion for regular suppliers.
- Setting up new supplier accounts on PSF and maintaining supplier accounts.
- Ensuring pay list is checked for accuracy including eliminating any over-payments or duplicate payments and suppliers are paid in a timely fashion
- Assisting the finance team with contracts, insurance and DBS information for third party providers
- Ensuring subscriptions are reviewed and submitted to Executive Committee for approval
- Updating accruals and prepayments spreadsheets
- Providing data on request for budget preparation and review
- Reconciling account codes on PSF
- Credit card and/or bank reconciliations including petty cash
- Ensure the maintenance of clear and effective filing, records and other systems and to keep them updated.
- Advising administrators of agreed suppliers and maintenance of the contracts listings as required. Assisting the procurement manager as required.
- Liaising with admin support to ensure all office supplies are in stock including tea, coffee, handtowels, toilet rolls etc
- Providing administrative support for all areas where necessary
- Providing assistance for year end
- Updating relevant sections of the Financial Procedures Manual and ensuring compliance with both this and the Academy’s Financial Handbook
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regard to issues concerning members of staff and pupils. Respond positively with tact, sensitivity and awareness to pupils and parents in relation to duties undertaken.
- Ensure the Academy’s Health and Safety Policies and regulations are adhered to by all staff
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures including the Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Code of Conduct, national legislation (including Health and Safety, Data Protection);
- Help keep own knowledge and understanding relevant and up-to-date by reflecting on own practice, liaising with your line manager, and identifying relevant professional development to improve personal effectiveness
- Take opportunities to build the appropriate skills, qualifications, and/or experience needed for the role, with support from your line manager
- Undertake training and associated work experience and gain competence and key skills in order to achieve AAT qualifications
- Take part in the school’s appraisal procedures
- Experience of providing high-level support in a busy, politically sensitive environment
- Experience of using a range of office equipment, ICT software and information systems in an administrative environment
- Experience of producing meeting minutes and documents of a high quality
- Evidence of well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, negotiating ability and tact to promote good relationships within and outside the Academy
- 5 GCSE's including English and Maths (Grade 4 and above) or equivalent
- Level 3 AAT or equivalent
- AAT Qualified (Desirable)
- Experience of processing data and producing reports and documents with a high degree of accuracy (Desirable)
Full Time (30 Hours per week)
£20,645.00 - £22,794.00 FTE
Closing Date: 10th June 2022
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work within an organisation that genuinely makes a difference in peoples live.
Please contact Alex, if you would like further details on the role.