Opus Education are currently recruiting on behalf of a candidate of ours for a Family Support Worker.
The base of the school is in Merrivale and the work will mostly consist of working in the Exeter area.
This role will be on a Temporary to Permanent basis - Temporary period will be 12 weeks.
Duties and responsibilities
- To act as a children’s educational advocate and to facilitate the educational partnership between home, school, APA and other agencies by support, liaison and negotiation. Give paramount consideration to the welfare of the child ensuring a highly focussed approach, placing the needs of the child above all others and advocating for them when necessary.
- Contribute to the APAs attendance strategy.
- To carry a caseload for the APA they are assigned to.
- To liaise and collaborate in joint work with all stakeholders in relation to aspects of young peoples’ general welfare and educational developments.
- Initiate CAF/Early Support, act as Lead Professional and attend and contribute to multi-agency meetings when appropriate.
- To work with young people taking into account their views seeking to strengthen the coping and resiliencies of young people and adults through protective support. Support and understand young people’s social, psychological and educational development, supporting their belonging to family, school and community. Mobilise support for these young people.
- To maintain appropriate records in accordance with APA policy.
- To challenge current processes and offer ways to improve through continuous development.
- To participate in Wave MAT Performance Management systems.
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the APA
- Successful track record in promoting children’s rights/ needs through family focussed support work
- Display knowledge and understanding of appropriate use of ICT in an education setting
- Display regular evidence of initiative taking and willing to take action to contribute to the results of the academy
- Have the ability to develop and use a structured approach to gather and record all relavant information relating to pupil/ family contact with services
- Experience working in an education setting or similar
- Working knowledge of safeguarding
Education & Training
- Relevant Level 2 (social work/youth work/education/nursing) or other professional experience or qualifications/experience in public or statutory sector.
- Level 2 Safeguarding
We are looking for applicants to interview and start the role ASAP.
If you are interested in this role, please apply within or contact Alex on 01392322419.