Opus Education are currently working with a MAT in the Devon area, who are looking to employ a English Teacher on a full time basis.
We are looking to appoint outstanding English Teacher with experience of working with challenging/SEN pupils. Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with students who have a range of needs.
Main Purpose of Job:
To deliver outstanding lessons, leading to significant progression and attainment for all pupils. All teachers are expected to be aware of and maintain professional standards for qualified teachers as set out by the TDA. Deliver subject specific teaching.
- Display personal and interpersonal development and team-working skills;
- Pro actively plan, organise and manage workload;
- Display reflective practice and reflexivity;
- Undertake analysis and synthesis of complex information;
- Display knowledge of and uphold safeguarding procedures;
- Display knowledge and understanding of appropriate use of ICT in an education setting;
- Display regular evidence of initiative taking;
- Display robust self management skills with regard to problem solving;
- Display an ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders built on honesty and integrity.
- Manage class based staff
- Take care in the planning of work, taking into consideration the correct and appropriate use of teaching materials, practical apparatus, ICT A.V. aids etc.
- Complete Team Teach training and support the principals of Team Teach during school hours, both in and out of school;
- Take a lead in developing the Curriculum in all aspects.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of a good working atmosphere within lessons/ throughout the school day.
- Ensure that the learning experiences planned for children adequately match their abilities.
- Ensure that sound relationships are fostered between children, their peers and adults alike.
- Act as a confidante to the children whilst being aware of and following current safeguarding/child protection guidelines;
- Use a variety of teaching methodologies taking into account mixed abilities and the size of groups.
- Ensure that equality of opportunity exists in all areas.
- Ensure that the marking of children’s work is undertaken at appropriate and regular intervals, and that marking follows agreed
- Ensure that the presentation of work is of the highest quality, adhering to agreed service policy.
- Ensure that adequate weight is given to both:
- Forecasting of work – taking due account of the social, academic and behavioural needs of the children vis-à-vis the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum where appropriate.
- Ensure that the forecasting of work forms an important part of the teaching process, being completed on a termly, half-termly or weekly basis as appropriate. Ensure that any such forecasts are available to the Principal, Headteacher, Area Co-ordinator, Advisory Staff, and Inspectors etc.
- Ensure that the curriculum coverage is appropriate and balanced, and that continuity, progression and breadth of experience are present throughout the planning and implementation processes.
- Actively participate in benchmarking with colleagues across the Trust.
- Review present practice regularly and attend courses as appropriate to further professional development.
- Perform other duties as requested by your line manager
- Experience within SEN
- Knowledge and Understanding of children with medical difficulties
- Experience of working with disaffected children either in a special or main-stream setting;
- Subject specific experience
- Current driving licence with regular access to a car
- Current DBS
Please note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks carry out. The postholder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the Principal, SLT or line manager.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please apply within and a member of the team will be in touch straight away.