A Redruth based school is looking to appoint a part time Cleaner working 10 hours per week Monday to Friday between the hours of 3pm and 6pm.
As a member of a team of cleaners or as a lone worker you will undertake cleaning of the school building and facilities in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and security of the School buildings and grounds at all times.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a member of a team of cleaners or as a lone worker, to undertake cleaning of the school building and facilities in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and security of the School buildings and grounds at all times.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To act as joint keyholder for the site, ensuring security at all times including the operation of alarms.
2. To undertake a set daily cleaning programme to ensure high standards of cleanliness throughout the school.
3. To operate cleaning machinery and other equipment appropriately and in a safe manner.
4. To undertake major periodic cleaning activities such as internal window cleaning, scrubbing, stripping and resealing polished floors, cleaning carpets, light fittings, walls, Venetian blinds, upholstery etc
5. To prepare and clean rooms for meetings.
6. To report to the Assistant Site Supervisor/Caretaker any major defects in building, equipment and security systems observed in the course of duties.
7. To maintain an adequate stock of cleaning materials from approved suppliers and to ensure cloakrooms are stocked with soap, towels etc.
8. To undertake emergency cleaning (soiling of toilets, sickness, floods etc.) as necessary.
9. To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures e.g. Council (Equal Opportunities Policy/Code of Conduct) and national legislation (Health and Safety, Data Protection).
10. To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the School.
11. To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
12. To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.