We are currently looking for an Academic Mentors to place in one of our schools to deliver tuition. As an Academic Mentor you will be a critical member of the team, working alongside the pupil’s teacher to provide 15-hour blocks of tuition for those who need it most to support with: literacy, numeracy and science.
Your required qualifications:
- Have a university degree in any subject (2.2) or above
- Or have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Must have Level 4 (Grade C) or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
Your responsibilities of the role:
- Working with Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in the school to identify the support each pupil needs
- Identify learning gaps and and help create bespoke intervention programmes for pupils
- Developing and delivering engaging sessions to support a range of learning styles with clear learning objectives, considering any barriers to learning or additional needs
- Delivering measurable outcomes from each session to track progress
This is a temporary contract starting ASAP until August 2022
Location - Bodmin Area, Cornwall
Position - Academic Mentor
Type of work - Tutoring
Contract or position start date - ASAP
Duration/Likely Duration – Until August 2022
Full time/part time - Full Time
Minimum rate of pay - £19,000 (pro-rata)
Hours - 8:30 – 15:30
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role.
We are Safe Recruitment Trained and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE safeguarding and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided following a successful interview.