Banner Default Image

Frequently Asked Questions

For Schools

  What types of position can you help source for our school?

We register high calibre Teachers and Support Staff who can provide cover, whatever your needs. Whether you are looking to cover school trips, short periods of absence, term-time holidays, long term illness, maternity covers, sabbaticals or indeed permanent members of staff, we are able to help.

What types of role can you help us recruit for?

​We source a wide variety of staff so that you can rest assured that Opus will always be at hand to help support you and your school. Whether you need a Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Technician, Caretaker, Admin or indeed any member of staff, we have it covered. We can provide our client schools with all vetting documentation so if you have the dreaded OFSTED "call" then your single central record will be backed up with all the agency information you may require.

Where do you source your staff?

Customer service, superior standards of vetting and compliance, and a consultative partnership approach are all well and good, but without the quality and quantity of supply staff to back it up, we realise it becomes almost an empty promise! We therefore do everything that we can to ensure we have the best candidates available when you need them. Referrals play a big part in our recruitment process (good staff tend to know good staff) and we invest heavily in print media, online advertising, social media and in job boards and CV database access. By increasing our opportunities to find staff, we have a greater pool to select from and can have an improved focus on quality staff in the right quantities to meet your needs.

How can you help our safeguarding efforts?

​We follow the strictest vetting and compliance requirements laid out by the DFE and the REC Audited Education (which replaced the Quality Mark in 2013). This ensures we do everything that can possibly be done in terms of safeguarding children as well as ensuring a robust recruitment process and a high calibre of candidate.

When appointing new staff Opus will:

  1. verify a candidate’s identity, from current photographic ID and proof of address

  2. obtain a certificate for an enhanced DBS check with a barred list information

  3. check that a candidate to be employed as a teacher is not subject to a prohibition order issued by the Secretary of State, using the Employer Access Online service

  4. verify the candidate’s mental and physical fitness to carry out their work responsibilities. Applicants will be asked relevant questions about disability and health in order to establish whether they have the physical and mental capacity for the specific role.

  5. verify the person’s right to work in the UK. If there is uncertainty about whether an individual needs permission to work in the UK.

  6. if the person has lived or worked outside the UK, make any further checks appropriate (Based on DfE guidelines)

  7. verify professional qualifications, as appropriate.

every candidate engaged through Opus is interviewed stringently by our "Safer Recruitment" trained education based consultants.

Will you send me timesheets?

In an effort to support both the environment, and reduce the costs we charge to the schools, we operate on an electronic timesheet system. Once a teacher has worked at the school you will receive an email with details of their assignment and a button to approve the timesheet. - Nice and simple and saves you having to fill out the timesheet for each person who works at the school.

For Candidates

  How do you get paid?

​Unlike many other recruitment companies we do not outsource our payroll to an “umbrella company” who forfeit many of your employment rights and take a percentage of your pay. We run our own payroll in the traditional, trusted way. You know that if you ever need to discuss any aspect of your pay, you can call us or come in and speak to us and we will be able to sort everything out for you.

Can I find a long term job?

​Of course! We will endeavour to find you your dream job… if that means you want to work in supply as and when it suits you that is fine, if it means you would like to find a full time permanent place in a school or college, that is great too! Just let us know.

What do I need to apply?


Hold a relevant degree level teaching qualification (or be in your final year of teacher training)

Support staff:

Have a valid visa to work in the UK or hold an EU Passport

 Do I have to pay to register?

​Of course not - we are here to pay you, not the other way around!

What if I do not have a DBS check?

​Give us a call, we can sort this out for you and get you into work quickly –01872 279810

I was previously registered with you and want to re apply - What do I need to do?

If you have previously registered with Opus Education Recruitment we will simply need to activate your file and where necessary update your references and compliance documentation. Please call us on 01872 279810 for more details on re-activating your file.

If you have previously registered with Opus Education Recruitment we will simply need to re-activate your profile and where necessary update your references and compliance documentation. Please call us on 01872 279810 for more details on re-activating your profile

How often will I get paid?

​As long as your timesheet has been submitted and approved you will be paid one week in arrears.

How much will I get paid?

Our pay rates are dependant on experience, qualifications and the role your undertake.

Will I receive holiday pay?

All pay rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay unless you opt for this to be held back and paid in a lump sum.

Create Job Alerts

Want to know about the newest job opoortunities as soon as they go live. Enter your email address and we'll do the rest.